Albert Schweitzer

In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit. so thanks to those rekindlers!!!



Albert Schweitzer



Sunday, May 4, 2008

“The greatest achievement was at first and for a time a dream. The oak sleeps in the acorn, the bird waits in the egg, and in the highest vision of the soul a waking angel stirs. Dreams are the seedlings of realities.” James Allen quote
SEED...entry for Illustration Friday.
The original is small. I'm considering enlarging the drawing and adding more detail to the tree for an upcoming colored pencil exhibit. I did this last fall and it's been on my mind lately. Funny how it fit this week's theme.

8 comments:

NANCY LEFKO said...

wow...what a great idea and so very well done !!

valerie walsh said...

i really love it!

Lisa M Griffin said...

This is still one of my favorites that you have posted. Thanks for stopping by my blog and your comments on Tortoise.

Dora said...

simply beautiful. love the colors!

Dora said...

simply beautiful. love the colors!

thedoodlegirl said...

Really, really nice piece. Great quote, too! :)

Carli said...

I love it. your colors are beautiful

Willie Baronet said...

I love this idea! :-)